7.4.08

mucho frio

mucho frio uno:
We haven't had hot water since Thursday. I called for someone to come check it out on Friday--nothing. Called again Saturday, a bit more pissed off, and was rewarded 12 hours later by being informed that our downstairs neighbors haven't ever paid their gas bill, were shut off, and oops, your hot water heater is the same as theirs.

Two years, nearly, we've been living here, and we never knew. We have our own natural gas bill for heat. I wondered why it didn't go up when my dad was staying here, with his added showers and laundering, but didn't question it too much.


I want my hot water back!!! They said maybe today...well...I finally conceded defeat and washed a load of "warm" laundry. The water was definitely not warm. Sigh! Tomorrow please! Charge me $100 of the neighbor's bill if it'll expedite the process!

mucho frio dos:
I received a text message from TCO Saturday night. I had initiated the conversation, because I was bored in a bar. He asked, "why [I] may have been seen parked outside my house or am i mistaken?" Greeeeat. "Been seen" would seemingly imply that he personally did not witness the accused infraction. So who thinks I've been staking out his house? Viktor Krum, his bro/roomie, AKA, one of my supervisors at work? Simply superb! I wrote back something to the effect of "F*(k no!" and asked if that was why he acts weird when I chance upon him. "That may be part of it" was the less-than-succinct reply.

So...fast forward to today. I was unsatisfied with how things left off. I will admit to having driven by their house a few too many times in the beginning...their house is on a main street, not out of the way from many places. But there's a difference, I think, between driving by a house on an artierial road in my own neighborhood and parking by it on spy watch. Come on. I don't want him thinking I'm pulling that kinda crap. So, I attempted to extend an olive branch, if you will, via Facebook messaging:

Me
Today at 12:08pm
I think it's retarded if we can't even be civil and say hello to each other. I'm not watching your house or anything weird like that. I do "miss" you, but I'm not trying to get you back or whatever. I am very happy where I am, and would just like to be able to talk to you sometimes. That is all. Nothing more.

TCO
Today at 2:20pm
I just don't understand why if you're so happy then why would you want to talk to me?

Me
Today at 3:06pm
i don't have anything in particular i want to talk to you about. i just mean in general. you know, "hello, how are you." nothing deep. it seems childish to never speak to someone again. i don't need you for anything, but you were important to me for awhile there, and it's nice to keep in touch.

TCO
Today at 5:51pm
I'm trying to do this in a nice way so you don't get upset but it seems you haven't been respectful to me. I just would like to be left alone. I would like it if you could respect me enough to do that. I'm tired of this so this is that last time I'm going to tell you.

Thus, I conclude, that is that. I'm curious as to what he thinks I've been disrespectful. I'd like to ask, but clearly, he is not interested in continuing conversation. Congratulations, Voldemort, you were right, he didn't really care that much. But dammit, he got me unhooked from you, and for that I am eternally grateful. PGG has sealed that fate. I am now completely done with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. I'm guessing that the disrespect loops back to a perceived Sirius Black link while we were still together. That's exactly what was so crazy about the stuff Sirius Black said then--it was based solely in the land of text messaging. We hadn't seen each other. Nada. I'd had no idea that that old acquaintance/friendship would turn that direction. Voldemort, too, recently brought Sirius up, spouting off at me that just a couple months ago I was "fooling around with one guy while dating another," based on his assumption of my life gathered from this blog. That's not true, not at all. I loved The Boy Who Lived, and wouldn't do that to him. I didn't want to hurt him. He's a beautiful person, with a wonderful family and great potential for a vibrant future, and it seems a shame to lose everything, even superficial contact. I didn't mean to do it, but I did, I loved him, and I do. It doesn't just go away. But it just got squelched a bit more this evening.

Aucun commentaire: