15.6.07

Zion Shout-out

Last weekend, my church burned down. Okay, it's not "my" church. I haven't gone there in years, not since before Torrin came into existence anyway. But it's the only church community I've ever been a part of, and only the second church building (when I started going it was Covenant Presbyterian, before the merger, and we hadn't moved to 9th and "D" yet). I didn't grow up in a church-going family, and was baptized at the ripe old age of 13. Noone "made" me go. Maybe that's why it means so much to me. So many names and faces among that congregation are familiar. I know a lot of them don't know, care for, or remember me. But they have a special place in my heart, and now the building lies in our memories. The above photo came from Zion's Flickr photo pool, accessible from their revamped site at http://www.zionpca.com/


Friday June 15, 2007 - 09:19am (PST)

Comments
Crazy pic! It looks like the apocalypse!--Edie
Monday June 18, 2007 - 05:47pm (PST)

Aucun commentaire: