18.6.07

I suck.

I basically just accepted a job. Working here, where I am an AmeriCorps member. Part-time, for a variety of financial reasons. The welfare gap, if you will, except that I don't technically receive "welfare" since I don't get cash assistance or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). So...until I get my sh*t together, I guess I'm staying here. I've been talking about moving away. I still want to. I'm looking into a couple of possibilities. If it happens, it'll be after the school year ends next year. Torrin'll be done with first grade on May 30, 2008.

Monday June 18, 2007 - 11:15am (PST)

Comments
Dude! Did you take the Indian Center Jobbie or are u doing sumthin else for AmeriCorps? I hadn´t realized how long it´d been since I chkd out yr blog. I think I was on your other page a couple of times, but not this one. Sorry! Thanks for myspacing about it.Random note--did you know that Webster´s dictionary has added Myspace and Facebook as VERBS? Yeah, so that sentence above is totally gramatically correct!--Edie
Monday June 18, 2007 - 05:50pm (PST)

Author: anonymous

A job at the Indian Center, but not exactly the same one I may have mentioned recently. This one should be slightly better than the other one, and more importantly, is part-time. I just can't afford to lose my subsidized rent or childcare. Unfortunately I CAN'T do another year of regular AmeriCorps-it's not allowed, and I don't want to do VISTA because you can't have any other jobs or take classes during your full year. Thanks for stopping by!
Monday June 18, 2007 - 09:14pm (PST)

Author: toiledelanuit

Hmmm....I guess I didn't realize you took the job for sure. You've really committed yourself to the work there, it is defintiely an asset to then that you are staying.--Amber
Saturday June 30, 2007 - 08:35pm (PST)

Aucun commentaire: