25.6.07

Another Roadblock Deterring My Quest Towards Happiness (or something resembling it, anyway) (Mon 25 Jun 07)

Okay, so I told Jerry tonight that I was thinking about moving to St. Louis. He didn't really say much, and asked if he could keep Torrin, but I thought he was joking. He didn't really sound serious. I said something about how it would be just for two years, we'd be back after that, and I'd send Torrin on a plane to see him or whatever. Well, then when he goes to leave, he says, "You won't take him without a fight." WTF? I am the custodial parent...I bear him no ill will...when he goes to his dad's house, he doesn't even play with his dad. He plays video games, watches TV, and plays with whichever children may be running around there. Nothing is set in stone. Well, I guess I won't be asking him to babysit for awhile, anyway. Wouldn't want to set a precedent of seeming like I don't want the kid/s or anything. Crap. I just want a chance at happiness, to find something, someone, or noone at all, and learn to live without the Unhealthy BS that is Mason.

SIGH.

Monday June 25, 2007 - 10:46pm (PST)

Comments

His response was probably some kind of knee-jerk reaction or something. Hopefully he will cool out over time. Ultimately, you will do what you need to do. Jerry respects you as a person and as a mom, so I have every confidence he will work through this with you! It isn't like you announced you were moving to Alaska this weekend or something!!--Amber the Great
Tuesday June 26, 2007 - 09:13am (PST)

Actually, Jerry 's response makes me mad. When I hear stuff like this, it makes me thankful that I don't have to worry about decision-making with someone else when it comes to Chloe. It's all ME, both a scary and wonderful prospect. If I wanted to move to Botswana tomorrow, I could. That is a bright side to solo parenting...one of many. I just wish you didn't have to deal with anyone who holds you back from achieving your dreams! --Amber
Tuesday June 26, 2007 - 09:17am (PST)


Well, I think it boils down to this...no matter how certain the future may seem, we cannot predict with 100% certainty what will happen, for me, for you, for our children. We can hope for the best, and try our hardest to get there, but ultimately, it's out of our hands and what actually happens can surprise everyone. Thanks for your comments. Hope you're getting excited for you upcoming trip as well.
Thursday June 28, 2007 - 12:25am (PST)


Oh my--there is just so much here that I don't know where to begin. You know how I feel, (I hope) and that is to do what is best for your heart and your babies. Jerry will adapt as he needs to and I am absolutely sure that you can work something out with him. As for the rest...?
Monday July 2, 2007 - 12:39am (PST)

Happiness, someone, something, noone, the BS? It all sounds SO familiar! I love you!
Monday July 2, 2007 - 12:43am (PST)

Aucun commentaire: